The M.Q.L drill, especially for deep hole drilling up to 20xD, offers reliable machining with excellent cost saving. Its unique geometry coupled with its wide flute design and lapping on the flute optimize smooth chip evacuation and low cutting forces as well as cutting edges that resist chipping and breaking.
- 自動車部品 (シリンダーブロック、クランクシャフト、コネクティングロッド等)
- Make a pilot hole with SHO drill (pilot drill diameter should be 0.03-0.05mm larger than long drill)
- Approach a pilot hole with low revolutions
- Start drilling with recommended cutting speeds & feeds and continue drilling without a pecking cycle
- After drilling, reduce the speed by over 50% and move the drill away from the bottom of the hole
MQL Drill (ロングドリル)
* MQL=Minimum Quantity Lubrication